Last modified: 17th September 2018
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
We collect information about you during the registration and checkout process on our store. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Vendor information: we will use these data to create a vendor profile that allows them to sell products on this website in exchange of a commission fee on each sale.
- The information required to start a vendor shop are the following: name and store description, header image, shop logo, address, email, telephone number, VAT/SSN, legal notes, links to social profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, Behance, TripAdvisor), payment information (IBAN and PayPal email), information about commissions and issued payments.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 2 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you subscribe to our newsletter or complete any other forms that require you to submit your personal data, we will use the personal data you have submitted to contact you with marketing or promotional offers. If you do no longer wish to be contacted with promotional or marketing materials after you have submitted your information, please either unsubscribe or contact email@example.com with your unsubscribe request.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who on our team have access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Vendor Information
- Data concerning commissions earned by the vendor
- Data about payments
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example, with sellers on our site in order to fulfil your orders, shipping providers to deliver your order to you. If you are a Seller, we share your information with third parties who help us provide commissions payments to you.
We process payments through PayPal and via Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal and Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
To facilitate our global operations, we transfer information to either the United Kingdom or the United States and allow access to that information from countries in which we have operations for the purposes described in this policy.
How we protect your data
We have reasonable technical, organisational and security measures in place in order to ensure we are protecting your information.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of a data breach, we will notify impacted parties as soon as reasonably possible and take all appropriate measures in order to mitigate the impact of the breach, such measures may include, but not be limited to, taking down onelemonstreet.com.